Translate

Blog Archive

June 16, 2012

Florida to Maine Bike Trip - The Eve of Day One

It's such a strange experience preparing for something epic like this - managing the emotions, expectations and staying focused on the job at hand.

My daughter Pey and I arrived in Jacksonville around dinner time to be followed shortly thereafter by Marty and Bobbie, my roommates for the next 16 days. Dinner, packing the van (what goes where for easy access), sharing the little things each of us has planned for the trip that will add value and getting excited thinking about our send off in the morning. Bobbie has a great celebration planned.

Pey printed out a Wikopedia of each stopping place on our route so we can learn a little about the area before we peddle in. Bobbie has ooodles of food and maps and medicine kit and more food and biking gear. We are well prepared.

I spent an hour hunting down a pair of cycling gloves to purchase here, since I left all 4 pairs I'd washed and then left in the dryer at home. Otherwise, I think I am ready and eager to ride.

Thanks for your support, your prayers - see you tomorrow night after we will have logged a 100 plus miles for the day.

No comments: