Translate

Blog Archive

June 14, 2012

Florida to Maine Bike Trip - Mini Melt-Down But Don't Worry!



It's the rain. The storms. Every afternoon, every day for what seems like weeks it's been raining in Central Florida. The lakes, the vegatation - all need it, but today I didn't. A 15 mile ride was all I could muster before serious thunder and lightening forced me under cover plus I was riding on new tires. Don't think I like them, although a tube should never punture with their durability....but the ride was no longer the smooth glide I've had....and I won't even publish my sluggy speed. It was pitiful. Tomorrow is a new day and I'll try riding on them one more time - maybe the sunshine in the morning will make a difference.

In the knick of time, my computer is back. Kudo's to Apple. They replaced the mother board at no cost - and they get a thousand gold stars for customer service.

I've a car reserved in Portsmouth to get me to hometown Duxbury and then the airport. I'll need to beg for mercy later on the price, but at least they had a car on the fourth of July. My seaplane flying brother is headed to New England that weekend, too and hopefully can get close to Nubbel Lighthouse to hoot and holler when we arrive July 3rd!!!! I like that idea. A party emerging.



2 comments:

Ruth said...

Is hubbel the closest you're coming to Maine?

Diane Sawyer said...

Yes, Nubbel Lighthouse is our finish....about 1400 miles from Florida!!!!!! My email is disawyer@aol.com. Let me know 'our' favorite long-ago dog's name when you write so I know it's you and I'll give you my cell etc. So hope you can meander down Summit Hill for the day!!!! It's been way too long and with Mike it's been an eternity:((( Loved reading about Dan. xxxxxx